Tuesday, April 11, 2006

CREATIVE WRITINGS - YAM Visual Arts Troupe

The members of the YAM Visual Arts Troupe have given consent to share their writings which were read at a recent visit to the Chelsea/East Boston Corps.

TOO LATE
By Kelly Flaherty
Athol Corps

Holding on to the existence that you know
You’re:
         Blind to the truth
     Naive to the core
People are reaching out to you
SCREAMING to be helped
     To be saved
But you turn your back
You put yourself first
Ignoring the call placed on you
Hiding behind others
     Hoping they’ll do YOUR job
You live in the background
     Doing just enough
          Un-aware that you’ve been caught
               That they see right through you
Belief is not enough!
You must lose your life to gain it!
You must throw away your fears
     Your insecurities
     Your selfishness
Step out of that box and put others before yourself.
Look at the world around you and see that
     It needs TRUTH
     It needs LOVE
IT NEEDS YOU TO DO SOMETHING
…..Anything…..
          Before it’s too late


UNTITLED
By LaToya Durham
Lawrence Corps

Jesus, King of kings
Lord of lords
How we all look forward to seeing you
Feeling your presence
Concern of who we may be if we
Have not yet turned to you
Needing you deeply
Still not giving in
A crisis has occurred
Then we see you, Jesus
We turn to you because we need things
Save a loved one or a friend
We don’t seek for ourselves and well being
We as a people are made selfishly
But you lord gave your life for me.


DESPERATE CRY
By Jessica Smialek
Athol Corps

Lost, crying, yelling for you.
O Lord where have you gone?
Have I lost you
Are you in the shadows of my Past
Is it too late for me?
…..But Lord, the things I’ve done!
The things I’ve given up on.
…..I don’t understand how can you help me?
I’m drowning in my sorrow, feeling sorry for myself…..
…..But Lord!  My pain, my sin, my doubt…..
You will vanish it all?
…..Of Course I no longer want this burden.
…..But God!  I’m sick of waiting for my life to change.
…..yes, I trust you!  But I’m scared – Scared of letting go and not deserving this peace you offer.
…..Yes I love you!
…..Yes I want help!
But how do I let it all go?

To you God I lift my desperate voice, unlock these Chains I carry
Forgive what I have become and the thing’s I’ve done.
Make me a true disciple.
Save this sinner before you Lord
So I may have the peace you offer.
Amen


FOREVER CHANGING
By Marcus Rivera
Waltham Corps

     The world as we know it.  His hand’s over us, constantly perfecting man’s perversion.  Violent gales indicate emergency reform; whereas gentle breezes remind us how much God cares for detail.

     Are we to forget forever failures into the winds of God’s wisdom?  Rather, should we build atop the new foundation graced upon us through Jesus?  The tears of loss will form clay from the dust.  I will be made new – The Lord’s Masterpiece – and from this inadequacies shall rise the glory of the Father.  Out of the rubble emerge the resources needed to complete His work.

This is who I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home